44. Can I take my adult children to Court for Maintenance?

This application may also be pursued by a parent of the dependent or any other person who has the care and custody of the dependent.


Where a local authority or other Government agency is providing assistance in respect of the maintenance of a dependent; or an application for such assistance has been made to the local authority or other Government agency by or on behalf of the dependent, an application for a maintenance order may be made to the Court by the local authority or other Government agency.


Emergency Matters

Emergency Matters

Matrimonial Proceedings

Customer Service

customer complaints image

Strategic Plan

Strategic Plan for the Jamaican Judiciary 2019-2023